It’s that time of the year where backdoor BBQs, evening soirees and pre-wedding events are starting to make their way onto our calendars. It’s inevitable that we’ll begin to feel the pressure of a more robust calendar as we move into warmer months. If you’re anything like the team at Union of Elements you may opt to ditch the alcoholic bevvies for a healthier option that won’t leave you feeling groggy or less-than-perky come time to hoist yourself out of bed. In this recipe we’ve opted for a Paleo and AIP-friendly mocktail packed with fresh citrus, cucumbers and herbs that incorporates CBD for that added element of wellness that we’re all craving on a hot summer’s night. Enjoy!
The Shopping List / Ingredients
- 2 key limes
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar (or manuka honey) - your choice!
- ⅓ english cucumber peeled + roughly chopped
- 1 c. sparkling water of your choice
- 10 fresh spearmint leaves
- 5-7 drops Union of Elements mint full-spectrum CBD
Now Let’s Make That Mocktail Ladies!
Yield: 1 Refreshing CBD-Cuke Mojito Mocktail
- Step 1: Chop up your cucumber and cut your limes in half. Juice one of the limes and reserve the other for later.
- Step 2: Toss the cuke, lime juice, coconut sugar and ½ cup of the sparkling water into a blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Step 3: Slice the remaining lime into thin slices and gently muddle with 8 of the fresh spearmint leaves and the full-spectrum CBD drops.
- Step 4: Pour the cuke and lime mixture over your muddled concoction and add a handful of ice cubes.
- Step 5: Top off with the remainder of the sparkling water and give it a light stir with a swizzle stick.
- Step 6: Garnish with 2 spearmint leaves and voila!
What we absolutely love about this mocktail are its health benefits. It follows the guidelines for those Paleo and AIP ladies out there too. Holla!
Cucumbers: Rejuvenating, hydrating and great for the liver, cukes are one of our go-to mocktail ingredients especially in the summer months. Plus, these little babies are packed with chlorophyll and vitamins A, B and C.
Limes: Both limes and lemons are great for the gallbladder and have the ability to break up sediment and stones. Not only that but limes and lemons are known to decrease the acids that may cause acid reflux. Pow!
Spearmint: A wonder herb! This little herb packs a powerful punch. Flooded with vitamins A, C, B-complex, beta carotene, iron, magnesium, calcium, manganese, and potassium spearmint is also great for our digestive tracts.
CBD: We’ve been putting together a blog series dedicated to uncovering and sharing the benefits of CBD. Whether you’re looking to mitigate PMS, anxiety, depression or simply amp up your wellness routine CBD may be just what you’ve been looking for.